This piece is a continuation of an earlier project. As I’ve completed work with layers of tracing paper and acetate, I found myself wanting to take a look at creating more physical separation between layers. The thickness of a sheet of foam board creates a fair amount (not quite 1/4″). I also used strips of illustration board “glued” down with acrylic gel medium as well, since I planned to mount the piece in a shadow box with plexiglass top “sheet”, so the separators would be hidden by a “matte” layer that was really just Bristol paper (the “sandwiching” of the frame holds it in place). I also added a layer that the original piece did not have, by tracing one acetate layer and transferring that, via carbon paper, to Bristol paper- I really like the indigo blue color that the carbon paper creates. Other than that, this project was mostly only separating the layers from the previous iteration.